Monday, August 26, 2024

Are You Trusting God?

Lord Jesus, You are my God and I trust You. Your promises are new every morning and I know that the Lord God Almighty has a plan for the future with promises by which to live. Please give me wisdom and understanding that I would understand His plan, trust in You Lord with all my heart, and lean not on my own understanding. Thank you.  

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the LORD: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. Psalm 91:1-4

 

Meditate on God’s word and promises.

 

Do you ever wonder what God Almighty looks like? How do you picture Him?

To whom can you compare God? What image can you find to resemble him? Isaiah 40:18

If God created man in His image, do we look like Him, or is that only a spiritual aspect of His being and our being?

So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:27

Snowy White Egret
Mary Jackson Rickard photo
Columbia River - Richland, WA


The focus passage for today from Psalm 91 describes God with wings—which I imagine to be snowy white, pure and glistening. But God is not an egret! 

    Isaiah had a vision in which he describes God in the Temple, wearing a long flowing robe.

It was in the year King Uzziah died that I saw the Lord. He was sitting on a lofty throne, and the train of his robe filled the Temple. Isaiah 6:1

If God is love…how do you picture LOVE?

            I was initially interested in this passage from Psalm 91 because of the verse…His faithful promises are your armor and protection. To be prepared for the days ahead we may need armor and what better “armor” than that of God’s promises which offers spiritual protection. In the next few days, we’ll be looking at the armor of God.

Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Ephesians 6:10-12

For today are you making a choice to trust God and His promises?

 

Verse of Salvation ~ I long to obey your commandments! Renew my life with your goodness. LORD, give me your unfailing love, the salvation that you promised me. Psalm 119:40-41

 

© 2024 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: