Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Walk With The Lord


But be very careful to obey all the commands and the instructions that Moses gave to you. Love the LORD your God, walk in all his ways, obey his commands, hold firmly to him, and serve him with all your heart and all your soul. Joshua 22:5

Walk in God’s ways and obey His commands. Is there a difference between walking like someone walks…their ways…and walking with them? I think there is a difference. If you just walk the way someone…like God…wants you to walk and live—then you are going through the motions of pleasing them—though not necessarily in their presence. But if you walk with them…with God…then you are “in step” and in His presence, thus doing more than following. You are in sync…becoming part of Him. Walking in His presence (as in Psalm 56) is what Enoch did…and what Adam and Eve probably experienced before their rebellion.
So obey the commands of the LORD your God by walking in his ways and fearing him. Deuteronomy 8:6 

I praise God for what he has promised; yes, I praise the LORD for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me? I will fulfill my vows to you, O God, and will offer a sacrifice of thanks for your help. For you have rescued me from death; you have kept my feet from slipping. So now I can walk in your presence, O God, in your life-giving light. Psalm 56:10-13

Enoch lived 365 years, walking in close fellowship with God. Then one day he disappeared, because God took him. Genesis 5:23-24

He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you But to do justice, to love kindness, And to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8 NASB
Enoch walked in fellowship with God. How would you describe your “walk” with God? During this time of Lent is your walk away from or towards your Heavenly Father? I am running to His arms.

Prayer ~ Lord God, I choose to walk humbly with You…beside You. With Your help I will be strong and courageous! I will not be afraid or panic before any adversaries. For You my LORD God will personally go ahead of me. You have promised that will You will neither fail  nor abandon me. Deuteronomy 31:6

Daily Bible Reading: March 6 – Numbers 26-27
© 2018 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: