Friday, March 16, 2018

Exposed and Accountable

For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable. Hebrews 4:12-13

Accountable. We are held responsible for our obedience to God’s word—for finding His will and obeying it.  
The LORD our God has secrets known to no one. We are not accountable for them, but we and our children are accountable forever for all that he has revealed to us, so that we may obey all the terms of these instructions. Deuteronomy 29:29
One day we will be accountable for ourselves.
For it is written, "AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW TO ME, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD." So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God. Romans 14:11-12 NASB
God knows our every thought, word and action. Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. When you give an account of your life before the Lord, will you be proud of what you have done? Forgiveness may be a key here…ask for it now, before it is too late. Ask God to not only forgive you…but to renew a right spirit in you as shown in both Old and New Testament scriptures.
Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Psalm 51:10
…let the Spirit renew your thoughts and attitudes. Ephesians 4:23

Prayer ~ Lord God, I give You my heart…give me a new heart, and put a new spirit in me. Take out my stony, stubborn heart and give me a tender, responsive heart as you promised in Ezekiel 36:26. I praise You, Lord, for You are my God and my Savior.

Daily Bible Reading: March 16 – Deuteronomy 14-16

Friday’s Feast at the King’s Table
What do you suppose was Jesus’ favorite food? We know He liked figs and was disappointed that the fig tree along His path one day was barren. Figs are best eaten fresh and raw. I am looking forward to some fresh figs from my own tree this summer. The tree is sprouting new growth, so I know it made it through the winter. Hurrah.

Enjoy the idea of fresh figs—won’t be long and they will begin appearing in stores in early summer and then again from late summer until fall. They produce fruit twice a year. Yum!

© 2018 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: