Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Are You Obligated to Tell Others about Jesus?

I am under obligation both to Greeks and to barbarians, both to the wise and to the foolish. So, for my part, I am eager to preach the gospel to you also who are in Rome. For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith to faith; as it is written, "BUT THE RIGHTEOUS man SHALL LIVE BY FAITH." Romans 1:14-17 NASB

Paul was committed to telling everyone that Jesus is the Son of God. No matter what their culture or where the people were from…and whether they were wise or foolish…they heard the Good News message from Paul. He was not ashamed to talk about God and His plan for mankind. I know that early in my Christian walk I didn’t always openly share my faith with complete strangers…or even with some friends and family. As I’ve become more spiritually mature I’ve had more of a burden for the unsaved and I want to tell others about Jesus and my relationship with Him. Still it is hard to be bold…like Paul…and communicate the importance of a relationship with Jesus. Not just knowing who He is…but living to rely on and trust in Him. It is encouraging and comforting to know that God loves us so very much and sent His Son to earth to endure persecution and death on a cross for the sin of mankind. Love is a powerful emotion…and so many people don’t feel worth of God’s love…or anyone’s love, but God loves us even in our unworthy state. Evangelism is not one of my spiritual “gifts” but I do feel obligated, like Paul, to reveal Jesus to those who don’t know just who He is. Do you know Jesus as Savior and Lord?

Prayer ~ Jesus—Your name is above all names…I worship and adore You. Fill me with Your grace that I may make decisions that result in righteousness. Please continue to bless, guide and provide wisdom to my family, friends and neighbors that they would be blessed.

© 2016 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

No comments: