Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Do You Have Anger Issues?

You have heard that it was said to the men of old, you shall not kill, and whoever kills shall be liable to and unable to escape the punishment imposed by the court. But I say to you that everyone who continues to be angry with his brother or harbors malice (enmity of heart) against him shall be liable to and unable to escape the punishment imposed by the court; and whoever speaks contemptuously and insultingly to his brother shall be liable to and unable to escape the punishment imposed by the Sanhedrin, and whoever says, you cursed fool! [You empty-headed idiot!] shall be liable to and unable to escape the hell (Gehenna) of fire.  Matthew 5:21-22 Amplified

Anger is a powerful emotion. So strong that it can result in murder…but here Jesus is teaching us that just to continue to be angry with someone or to insult someone is like to murder them…either physically or emotionally. We are supposed to deal with anger…like Paul wrote to the church at Ephesus. Therefore, laying aside falsehood, speak truth each one of you with his neighbor, for we are members of one another. Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not give the devil an opportunity. Ephesians 4:25-27.  

I used to get so mad…at mostly my family or just life’s frustrations…and then I’d just explode, giving the excuse that I’m part Irish. But God dealt with me on that and I still get angry…but I deal with it. Talking with friends helps…and writing things down gives me a perspective that is useful to solve my problems and frustrations. How do you deal with anger? What has Jesus done to help you with your life issues…especially anger? 

RSVP: Don’t be a fool…listen to Jesus and respond to His invitation today. His invitation is to deal with the anger that you may have buried in your heart. How will you RSVP to Him today? 

Prayer ~ Jesus, shine Your light into my heart and reveal to me any issues that I may need to deal with so that I can have a good relationship with each person in my family, my circle of friends, and within my neighborhood. I want a good relationship with You, too.

© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: