Monday, November 26, 2012

November 26 – ASK

"Whatever you ask in My name, that will I do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it.” John 14:13-14 

This is the ultimate “gimme” opportunity! Whatever! Are you sure, Lord? Whatever!?! Wait this has to be something that will glorify You. It can’t be…gimme a new Mercedes Benz or a cabin in the mountains…or a condo in Hawaii and free air travel there for the rest of my life! Those things wouldn’t glorify You. But please give saving faith to my neighbor and ease the pain in my aunt’s hip and my granddaughters’ legs. It is our human nature to want things—but to want things that give glory to God we have to think a bit. Consider what you would want Jesus to do for you. Would it bring glory and honor to Him? 

Ask away…this is the time of the year that everyone wants things for themselves and others. There are so many in need. It reminds me of when Mary poured the oil from the alabaster jar over Jesus feet and some of the disciples criticized her for it. Jesus said to leave her alone and then He said, "For you always have the poor with you, but you do not always have Me." John 12:8. We do have Jesus with us now…in the form of the Holy Spirit, living in our hearts, if we have accepted Him as our Savior. Ask away…for things that will glorify God the Father through Jesus…salvation of family and friends, help for the poor, healing for the sick and ailing, grace for each of us to live the way He wants us to, and power to overcome the evil around us. Those are things that are worthy of Him. He wants us to be specific in our prayers. As you consider what to pray for, search the scriptures and pray those scriptures back to the Lord. That alone gives Him glory. Here’s an example: Now may the God who gives perseverance and encouragement grant you to be of the same mind with one another according to Christ Jesus, so that with one accord you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 15:5-6. And…I pray that the fellowship of your faith may become effective through the knowledge of every good thing which is in you for Christ's sake. Philemon 1:6   

Heavenly Father…You are worthy of our praise…our glory and honor. Thank You for Your Son, Jesus, and for all that You have provided and done for us. Specifically I thank you for my salvation, and for the salvation of my husband, daughter, son, and their spouses. Please do touch my granddaughters’ bodies and allow them to be free of arthritis pain. Touch my aunt’s hip and give her a joyous pain free day even though it is cold and wintery today. I love you, Lord. There are so many needs…please especially grant wisdom in the hearts of our nation’s leaders. May You shower us all with Your peace, joy and love as we seek and serve You. I ask these things in Jesus precious and holy name. Amen.

© 2012 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB).

No comments: