Saturday, August 29, 2026

Are You Walking in Darkness or Light?

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life." The Pharisees replied, "You are making those claims about yourself! Such testimony is not valid." Jesus told them, "These claims are valid even though I make them about myself. For I know where I came from and where I am going, but you don't know this about me. You judge me by human standards, but I do not judge anyone. And if I did, my judgment would be correct in every respect because I am not alone. The Father who sent me is with me. Your own law says that if two people agree about something, their witness is accepted as fact. I am one witness, and my Father who sent me is the other."

"Where is your father?" they asked. Jesus answered, "Since you don't know who I am, you don't know who my Father is. If you knew me, you would also know my Father."

Jesus made these statements while he was teaching in the section of the Temple known as the Treasury. But he was not arrested, because his time had not yet come. John 8:12-20

 

Meditate. Consider darkness and light.

        

Lunar Eclipse August 27, 2026
Did you see it?
Awesome! 
Jesus said…If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life." What is it like to walk in the dark? If there is no light—not even from the moon- it can be scary. It might be creepy—like someone is following you, or you feel like you’ll bump into something, even if it is somewhere you walk all the time. Darkness could be a mental state, even on the brightest of days. Gloomy. Depressing. Lonely. But knowing Jesus and the hope that He provides day by day and for eternity, it is like walking with a light. Sunlight—even at night. A warming glow that encourages you and gives you confidence, courage, and faith. There is a potential for an even brighter tomorrow. Does that reassure, inspire, or persuade you to learn more about Jesus, the Son of God, the risen Savior?

            Apparently, speaking with Jesus did not change the Pharisees’ minds or encourage them to believe in Jesus. They were left in the dark. They just couldn’t grasp the fact that Jesus came from God the Father and spent lots of time talking with Him, in prayer, so that He knew just what God wanted Him to do and say.

            Are you spending time with God the Father in prayer, so that you know Him, and just what He wants you to do? Anytime spent with God is time well spent. I know that I need to spend more quality time with Him, not allowing myself to get distracted, but to be focused on the Light of the World. Jesus. I don’t want to stumble around in the dark, but I do want to let His light shine on me and through me to others. His light leads to a life worth living here and in eternity.

            What do you learn about Jesus’ character from this Scripture passage today?

 

Prayer and Worship – Shine, Jesus, shine

Fill this land with the Father's glory

Blaze, Spirit, blaze

Set our hearts on fire

Flow, river, flow

Flood the nations with grace and mercy

Send forth your word

Lord, and let there be light.

From a worship song by Graham Kendrick, “Lord, The Light of Your Love is Shining”

Jesus, let Your light shine brightly—blazing for all to see and know You.

 

Verse of Salvation ~ But let us who live in the light be clearheaded, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation. 1 Thessalonians 5:8


Click on "No Comments" to write your comments below!

 

© 2026 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

No comments: