Thursday, November 30, 2017

Honor the Lord

Teach me your ways, O LORD, that I may live according to your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you. Psalm 86:11



Studying the Bible is the key to Honoring God.
To honor God—that is the goal of my life…my existence. It hasn’t always been. I wanted to help people and cure the world of cancer…great goal and it could have honored God along with curing people of a horrific disease, but I wanted it for my glory. Look what I did. I didn’t do that. When it got right down to figuring out how to go about that, I didn’t have the self-confidence to really pursue my dream. Along the way I’ve learned to seek God’s way for my life—and live…or try to live…according to His truth. Jesus IS the way, the truth and the life. In a discussion with His disciples He told Thomas…

Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." John 14:6

Jesus is willing to teach us His ways so that we can live according to His truth. The best place to start is by reading…but not just skimming, but really studying and learning the Bible. Do you read your Bible every day? I’ve been trying to do a Daily Bible Reading, but I will admit I’m a few days behind. I’ll catch up soon. I plan to finish out this year and celebrate having read the entire Bible! Then on January 1, 2018, I’ll start again. I’ve really enjoyed this chronological study. May I challenge you to join me as I read the Bible through again? There is always something new that the Holy Spirit shows me…even if I’ve read a passage a dozen times. What has the Lord been showing you in His word? How have you applied that to your life? Are you sharing that with someone?


Prayer ~ Lord, please continue to reveal Yourself to me as I study Your Word. Teach me Your ways so that I may live according to Your truth. Give a pure heart that brings You honor and glory.
Daily Bible Reading: 1 Corinthians 5-8
Happy Birthday to Vicki in Heaven.

© 2017 Text and Photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

No comments: