Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October 17 – Do Not Grumble - Believe

Therefore the Jews were grumbling about Him, because He said, "I am the bread that came down out of heaven." ... Jesus answered and said to them, "Do not grumble among yourselves. No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day. It is written in the prophets, 'AND THEY SHALL ALL BE TAUGHT OF GOD.' Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me. Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father. Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life." John 6:41, 43-47 NASB

Don’t murmur and complain! Where have we heard that before? Remember the Hebrew people when they were in the desert for forty years complained that they didn’t have it as good as they did in Egypt…so they complained to Moses and he got God to give them manna. Bread from heaven. Now these Jews are complaining…about the bread from heaven. Kind of ironic, isn’t it!? Are they never satisfied? Are we never satisfied?

What was the last thing you complained about? Was it about bread? Or more likely about some driver going too fast, tailgating, or cutting in front of you. No complaining or whining…we try to teach that to our children and grandchildren. There is always something someone wants to gripe and moan about. It’s too cold…or too hot, too windy or too rainy, too sunny or too cloudy. Enough already. Enjoy life the way it is…be content. But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned before, but you lacked opportunity. Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:10-13 (NASB)

The important thing in this red letter passage is not about complaining but seeking the truth about which Jesus was talking. Believing in Him. That is the only way to the Father and to Eternal life. Without that there is a lot to complain about, now and forever. Yes, FOREVER. Those who do not ask Jesus for forgiveness will live eternity in hell, gnashing their teeth and crying out for mercy. It is better to seek Jesus now and be ready for eternity than to wait until it is too late and have to spend forever in a lake of fire. The choice is up to each individual person, but they have to make their decision to believe in Jesus now. Tomorrow life may change, or end for them, and it may be too late.

What is your choice? Fire or the Father?

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for drawing us to You and giving up Your Son to be the ultimate sacrifice for our sins. I believe that Jesus IS Your Son—my Savior. I look forward to one day seeing You in Heaven—until then, I thank you and praise you, for you are worthy of praise.

© 2012 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

No comments: