Saturday, September 12, 2020

Judge Us?

Meditate and consider Jesus words to the Pharisees.

You judge me by human standards, but I do not judge anyone. And if I did, my judgment would be correct in every respect because I am not alone. The Father who sent me is with me. Your own law says that if two people agree about something, their witness is accepted as fact. I am one witness, and my Father who sent me is the other. John 8:15-18

Judgment will come from Heaven.

Human standards. Good guy…bad guy. Judge them. But Jesus isn’t judging anyone, at least not without His Father’s guidance. Two witnesses. Jesus and the Father. The Israelites were told during the early times that two or three witnesses were essential. That was their law.

You must not convict anyone of a crime on the testimony of only one witness. The facts of the case must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses. Deuteronomy 19:15

As each person faces judgment how will the Father and Son judge them? How will you be judged? I know that the blood of Jesus covers my sin. He is my Savior and my sin has been forgiven when Jesus took it to the cross. How about you…your sin? 

Prayer ~ God, You watch how people live; You see everything they do. No darkness is thick enough to hide the wicked from Your eyes. We don't set the time when we will come before You in judgment. From Job 34:21-23. Judgment is Yours. 

Verses of Salvation ~ …for the Israelites: Therefore, I will judge each of you, O people of Israel, according to your actions, says the Sovereign LORD. Repent, and turn from your sins. Don't let them destroy you! Put all your rebellion behind you, and find yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O people of Israel? I don't want you to die, says the Sovereign LORD. Turn back and live! Ezekiel 18:30-32

© 2020 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍 

Parenting Day By Day 
Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: